Thursday, January 25, 2007

Finished object.


Hmm. I should have looked for a different background or waited for a sunny day. This looks rather gloomy. What it is: The Airy Scarf fromLast Minute Knitted Gifts. It was knit with Rowan Kidsilk Haze in gray. It is a gift for a dear friend, and I'm not sure she'll take to the color, which rather resembles a dust laden spider web. I actually chose it because it seemed neutral to me, so would go with a range of other colors. But spider webby it is.

I'm listing it as a finished object, partly as an unofficial entry into the Unfinished Objects KAL I read about. My unfinished projects include: a)my cabled sweater; b)the Shedir hat I began then stopped when I discovered a backward cable; c)what were supposed to be the Wine and Roses Mitts from Interweave Knits. I was using Blue Moon Seduction. That was not the problem; the problem was that I just couldn't "see" the lace pattern developing. I will probably use the yarn for something else; d)a pair of mittens for the Zimmermania KAL; and e)those pink socks from the Lovely Lacy Socks pattern. That's five projects in various stages of completion. The scarf made six, and as such was an easy way to have success.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

Oh, it's so pretty! The pic is a bit dark but you can still see it.

I think it's a great color. I love Kidsilk Haze. I was eyeing mine (which is flat out gray) for a smokering.

Finished Object - check!
Post in 2007 - check! Now post more. Sheesh.