Thursday, February 01, 2007

Another Unfinished Object

What we have here is Sock #2 in progress. Sock #2 existed before in a flabbier form and was unraveled for a new beginning . I've placed it on top of Sock#1 for comparison. I worked this incarnation of Sock #2 on size two needles. Apparently I did use #3s for the original Sock #2. How did that happen? I can only imagine that the #3s were lying out in the open, and the 2s weren't. I kept a record of number of rows, but not of needle size.

These socks, the Simply Lovely Lace Socks from Interweave Knits Spring 2006, aren't difficult. The lace pattern is easy to remember, and they knit up fast. That said, I won't be knitting a second pair because they are anklets, and I'm not an anklet fan. The yarn for these I won, along with the pattern, so felt that I should knit a pair. And because I'm stubborn, I will knit a pair, but only one pair.

And as a non-sequitur, I read three books during the month of January. They are:

Heat by Bill Bryson
Forgetfulness by Ward Just
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

This is a promising beginning to a year of reading.

No comments: