Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Read, Knit, Get Up and Get Out.


I promised myself that I wouldn't spend more than 30 minutes playing on the internet today. More and nothing, especially knitting gets done. I am exceeding that time constraint, but I want to make some notes to self on my plans for the summer.

Reading: (I think I signed up for a group project of listing summer reading plans; I probably should have picked up a button, but the directions for doing that still flummox me, i.e. it doesn't work for me when I try to ever so carefully follow the directions.)This is my list:

1.Digging to America, Anne Tyler
2.My Life in France,Julia Child
3.Susannah's Garden,Debbie Macomber
4.Dark Tort, Diane Mott Davidson
5.Assination Vacation, Sarah Vowell
6.Color of Law, Mark Gimenez
7.The Hamilton Case, Michelle De Kretser
8.The Shadoow of the Wind, Carlos Ruiz Zafon
9.Doing Nothing, Tom Lutz
10.Invisible Man, Ralph Ellison
11.History of Love, Nicole Krauss

Summer knitting:

1.Socks: I'm supposed to be knitting something with Trekking XXL but am currently not liking my choice of yarn. Have yarn that I won at Margene's for two pairs of socks. Have some Opal Petticoat that a book exchange partner sent me. Have ordered some more Trekking XXL.

2.Cabled Riding Jacket. I'm loving it, though I'm making slow progress. However, it knits up fast, inch-wise, so much more satisfying than small needle knitting.

3.Bought a cone of Peaches & Creme in bright yellow. Will be knitting dishcloths (thanks to Mason and Dixon) all summer long using the yellow with any and all colors.

Hiking:

You betcha. Don't know where and when but I'll be out and about.

And sewing. Didn't put it in the title, but I need summer clothing, can't find the quality I want in stores, so need to sew for quality and style. First up: a skirt. Pictures another day. Have far exceeded my self-imposed computer interaction time limit.

Picture at top is another view of the Japanese Garden.

No comments: