Monday, January 14, 2008

End of the Year Finished Objects

Cece: Begun February 2007, finished August 2007, frogged January 2008. Just too big as knit. Could be the yarn wasn't right for this project, though I've seen other versions of this pattern knit in the same yarn: Elann Sonata. Could also be that the length of the finished sweater and my body are not sympatico.

Log Cabin Socks: begun and finished December 2008. Yarn: Dream in Color Superwash.

Rainbow (short row) Socks. Begun October 2007, finished January 2008. Yarn: Trekking XXL. Sock # 1 was purely an experiment and a sampler for different short row techniques. I think I last track somewhere along the way and the pattern skewed somewhat, but not enough to convince me to frog it. And it fit when done, so I intrepidly began Sock #2. And finished it. This yarn was purchased accidentally, or at least the colorway was, since I do not like self-patterning yarns. The pattern gives a different twist to it, which is all to the good, in my opinion.

And finally, Roza's Socks, begun Feb. 2007-finished Sept.2007. Lovely pattern by Grumperina. Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock Yarn, color denim.

1 comment:

Carrie K said...

I love my log cabin socks. I keep meaning to knit another pair.